Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Our 2010 Review (Part 1)

January: We spend much of January fighting colds, coughs and ear infections. Since I must have been sleep deprived (or crazy) I tried to potty train Lydia and take away her pacifier. We finished the month by celebrating Paul's 32nd birthday. Grace believes that she is Cinderella. Read more about January here.

February: Lydia turned 2! Ella started eating solids food! Grace has moved beyond dressing up her dolls and just dresses Ella. Read more.

March: Ella started rolling over. Grace spends quality time learning to cook. We spent a weekend a waterpark with Grandma & Grandpa Borneman. Lydia got her first black eye. (Definitely not her only of the year). Paul ran his first 1/2 marathon. I was warned that Lydia doesn't like to go to bed at night. Here was a conversation from 9 months ago.

Just tonight after both Ella and Grace were soundly sleeping in their beds, Lydia comes strutting downstairs.

Mom: "It's time for bed."
Lydia: ""But I'm happy."
Mom: "You need to go to bed now, so that you can be happy tomorrow."
Lydia: "But I'm happy NOW."

The victory goes to Lydia...again.
Lydia's awake as I am writing this after 10 pm following countless failed attempts to put her to bed. Seriously, it can't be normal for a 2 year old to need so little sleep.

April: I took a month long break from blogging (sorry). We spent a ton of time outside enjoying the unseasonably warm weather. We decorated Easter eggs outside with our friends, We had many Easter egg hunts, Diesel turned 5 (is that 35 in dog years)? Paul and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary!

I'll have more tomorrow.

(I meant to have pictures to go with the posts, but I switched computers and the pictures are on the old computer - and I am too lazy to go download them).

No comments: