Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's a Wrap!

Today's fun activity was wrapping the gifts that Grace & Lydia picked out for their sisters. I'm not sure if I was crazy or not on the day that I thought this might be a good idea. For starters, they bought gifts for each other, which means that I had to do this activity separately for both Grace and Lydia. The next problem - scissors. Do I need to explain?! In my entire four years of being a mom to 3 girls, Grace only had 2 haircuts, while Lydia and Ella haven't needed any yet. I am worried that they will cut their hair (you know the hair that took FOREVER to grow). And don't forget that they don't really know how to wrap gifts... or so I thought.

I started with Grace. Lydia took a really early afternoon nap, so I quickly got everything ready and got started. But then she told me she was going to do it...herself. So I cautiously handed over the scissors and patiently waited as she cut.

...and cut some more until she finally finished.
then she folded and taped.
Finally she made gift tags. (She also decided that she is going to change her name. She realized that both Lydia and Ella have an 'L' in their names and she does not. Now she wants one).
Next up was Lydia. She was quick since she let me do the cutting and was a lot less particular about folding. She did spend quite a bit of time taping though.
She's done. Tada!! "When can we open them?"

No comments: