Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Catching Up

Here are the latest pictures from the last few weeks. I thought it might be a good idea to get caught up on the blog before the baby came. September and October should be busy for us!

Grace wrapped up her dance classes at the end of August. She adored her teacher, Miss Laura. We decided not to enroll her in anything for the fall and we will get her back into classes again next spring. The next class would have been 1 hour long instead of 1/2 hour. Plus Lydia is ready to take classes too. It was hard to keep her out of Grace's class this summer. So in the spring, we will likely be spending at least 2 days at dance. I had no idea all the chauffeuring began so early.




Paul has been complaining about how cold our house has been all summer. I told him that it really hasn't been that cold. I didn't think the girls seemed to mind... apparently I was wrong!



Grace loves to help in the kitchen. Whether it is making herself a bowl of cereal or a full fledged meal, she insists on getting her helping chair out and doing everything herself!

A couple weekends ago we went to Paul's coworker's sons' birthday party. The girls both loved the swingset and Grace swung at the pinata. I don't think we had ever given her a real bat to swing before.
I don't know why Lydia has to climb onto the most challenging swings right away!
...maybe so I would have to bend over nad catch her.
Can you see the vacant baby swing right next to Lydia? Lydia has decided that she doesn't like those swings anymore. If Grace can go on the big girl swings, then so can Lydia. I guess it's not too terrible since she would have gotten bumped to the bigger swing by next year anyway.

Stand back - Grace is armed with a bat!

No comments: